Monday, August 25, 2014

37 Weeks: a good 'healthy' week


How far along are you: 37 weeks

Total weight gain:  +3 lbs, 31 total

Stretch marks:  I did take a quick peak at my belly to see if there were any new marks. Left side has some (not red stretch marks, but I can see something) while my right side still has nothing. Weird. 

Sleep: Definitely much better this week but I am not sleeping throughout the night at all. At least one bathroom break in the middle of the night and when I try and move positions. It's ok. I started to accept that this is the way. But still taking a handful of naps =)

Best moments of the week: Running race #9 during this pregnancy with the little man. It is still rather amazing that I am still able to do this so far along in this pregnancy. He cooperated and everything! Being able to share this love with him means so much to me... and I cannot wait to share the stories with him.

Miss anything: Regular clothes. Online shopping but can't by anything other than accessories!

Movements: More and more every single day. From the time I wake up until the time I go to bed... he is moving. I have no doubt I am going to miss this.

Maternity clothes: No new maternity outfits this week. But I'm noticing that even those items are getting a wee bit snug! But, I was so excited to wear some warmer clothes one evening (Fall weather soon!?) and mixed a few fun pieces. Stripes and floral! May be my Fall fashion staple =)
Food cravings: I've been trying to get back on track a bit and putting down that extra handful of chips or a second helping of dessert. But this week, I was craving frozen yogurt/sorbet. I stopped at the Red Mango and indulged a bit. Thought I would share with the husband... but that didn't happen.

 Made such a healthy chicken burger dinner with sweat potatoes and veggies... but couldn't turn down a gluten free cupcake surprise that was given to me by my husband!
Back at it the next day! Even had a tuna sandwich with hummus! 
 Then I found THESE!! GF gummy bears and a new GF cereal! DAMN YOU!
When you come across Sweets and Red Mango... while pregnant... it's
a must to get something at each location!!
To close out week 37... I found a GF and dairy free ice
cream place in Allston... and AVOCADO flavor!
I am so obsessed that I already planned my
birthday cake for December!! 
Anything making you sick:

Have you started showing yet: 

Gender: Strong little boy

Mood: Hormones... I am so happy that you decided to take a back seat this entire week. I finally felt like myself. Laughing, joking, so much energy, wanting to workout... just overall a positive outlook on life and feeling happy. Hated how the hormones brought me down for a few weeks. I honestly thought I would be able to handle them. One of the hardest things I had to deal with. I am sure they'll come and go... but for now, I am going to take advantage of the goodness.

Looking forward to: I really cannot wait to finally meet him... 3 weeks (ish)!!! I have nothing really planned so I don't have any short term excitement. Well, the Fall. I am stoked (yes, totally used that word) for the Fall. And to be able to share this new life with my favorite time of year... is really going to be great. Mmmm pumpkin spiced latte...

Husbands feelings: "A complete reversal of last week.  Sarah and I have been clicking all week and we are both incredibly, almost uncontrollably, excited to meet the little guy.  Sarah's Mom was nice enough to come down and help out around the house for a day and even went to an appointment with her.  I know Sarah really appreciated the help & family support. And so do I.

Incredibly, Sarah still continues to workout and proves that it takes a lot to hold her back.  Even 9 months pregnant, she probably has harder workout regimen than the average person.  It's funny but I absolutely can't wait until post-pregnancy when she gets into rip roaring shape, I really can't wait to show her off! I know it sounds funny, but it's true.  There is no doubt that she is going to dominate the post-pregnancy life and look better than ever!"

Running: Eh, I was able to workout 3 days this week but only ran twice. I'm ok with that. I napped almost every day so it just means my body needed the rest. And for the weekend miles that didn't exist... I spent the time with Jim. It has been a very long time since he and I just had a weekend together. Something that will soon end.. well.. more like be put on hold!

But, as you can see below, my running clothes are getting too tight lol! Or, I'm just that big!

Photo(s) of the week: I feel like this week was the first week all summer that I was able to enjoy the summer itself! With school tying me down each weekend, I haven't had the opportunity to relax as much as I wanted to and enjoy the sun. My mind did't race with trying to absorb so much new materials (as well as old) and my body didn't crash like the previous weeks. It was a good 'healthy' week and I hope to take advantage of the remaining weeks I have.

 My husband and I live in South Boston (Southie for you locals) and heard about this new park called Lawn on D where you can just hang out, play corn hole, ping pong, listen to live music and they even have a bar (!!) ... a place to relax and hangout. We thought to give it a shot and lets just say that we went on Saturday AND Sunday for a couple hours. It was very relaxing and beautiful. I hope they stay open during the Fall so I can bring the little guy there. It can be our place!
First swollen feet of the season!
(yes, I know I need a pedicure lol!)
I read that it will be a nice gesture to bring
the nurses at the hospital some sort of thank
you gift.  Chocolate it is! 
My mom was kind enough to make a trip down to help me prepare some frozen meals for when the baby arrives. So much work! But I guess I rather do it now then after. 
(Lasagna, chicken meatballs, chicken veggie soup, bag-o-nuts!)


Breastfeeding materials all sterilized! 

I get it! It's not Fall yet and we have at least another month of summer... but I couldn't resist!

Since we went with a cycling theme for the babies room, my mom made the little man this amazing blanket! Used our wedding colors which I thought was cute! Thanks Mom!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Hey Sarah! We met last year at the Allstate 13.1! I was thinking about you to see if you were running this year lol my guess would be no! Congratulations! This is soo exciting. Please let me know if you need anything or i can be of any help. Would love to have another mommy/baby runner friend!