Friday, August 29, 2014

37 weeks, 4 days: my one real week of summer

How far along are you: 37 weeks, 6 days

Total weight gain:  +3 lbs,  34 total

Stretch marks: I'm noticing a couple new marks forming at the top of my belly and right under my boobs but they aren't so obvious. I think I'm the only one who notices them. They do look more like vascular discoloration or marks but what do I know?

Sleep: Not too bad. But I did notice when I don't sleep with my body pillow that I actually sleep throughout the night (what!?). I know I need it for my belly support but trying to adjust in bed with it is the main reason why I wake up. Annoying. So a couple nights without it won't do any harm.. right?


Maternity clothes: Well, a few items are not fitting anymore! Huh?! I swear the fluctuation of my weight is so inconsistent that one day things fit, the next they don't, THEN they fit again. I do not want to buy any more clothes so I am going to squeeze my big a$$ into what I have lol!! Heck, my shorts don't even go over my belly! I have to fold them just to be comfortable. Oh, and I finally made it to the pool and sported a maternity piece that my friend let me borrow. Eh, not too bad!

Best moments of the week: Being able to see my little man again (after 12 weeks!) in an ultrasound. However, apparently I couldn't get any 3D pictures (let alone regular pictures) printed! I think she gave me a bunch of BS about how it would be hard to see him blah blah. I obviously called her out (in the most nicest way possible, of course) but that didn't help. I saw a squished face, his femur, his foot and toes, his wee wee (show off!), etc. I didn't stress about the pictures though (knowing I will see him in a couple weeks)... but soooo happy to report that his weight is on point (something they were concerned about during the pregnancy). 6 lbs 8 oz so far!! And he will be about mid to low 7 lbs at birth. Good boy!

Miss anything: Right now, I actually feel pretty content. It was such a relaxing week that I didn't think about what I missed. Maybe I missed the ability to be able to enjoy the summer? School took so much of my time that laying low outside or on the beach didn't happen. Which is why I took advantage of it this week!
Found my seat at Lawn on D 3x in one week! 
Pool time at Jim's grandmothers house. Just me and the grandparents! 
I haven't had a pedicure in months! With my traditional Starbucks iced tea lemonade with 1 pump in hand, I made it to my favorite nail salon in Quincy, MA (Coco Nails) and relaxed. Was gonna go with Lincoln Park After Dark but went with a deep red for now... LPAD will be my Fall/Winter color

Movements: He still gets his daily hiccups, right side foot kicks and butt movement. I sometimes jump when he moves since my ribs tend to get in his way. However, they never hurt or feel that uncomfortable. I'm very lucky.

Anything making you sick:

Have you started showing yet: 


Food cravings: Nothing out of the ordinary this week. Surprisingly my appetite isn't where it used to be. I don't think I have enough room to fit anything! I did manage to sneak in some gluten free onion rings and chicken fingers one night. I cannot even tell you the LAST TIME I even had them. Whatever, I'm pregnant lol!

Gender: A handsome little man

Mood: I felt so good this week. Nothing planned. No pressure on getting every single thing done. Relaxed. Cleaned. Enjoyed myself. Another week filled with a lot of me time... 

Looking forward to: Night away with the hubs up in Newburyport, MA.

Husbands feelings: TBD

Running:  Another week of 12 running miles. I felt pretty strong (well, like pregnancy strong) for a couple of them but on Friday I felt off. I couldn't even make a mile of running before I decided to call it quits. I think this may have been the 3rd time this entire pregnancy where I couldn't run more than a mile. So I can't complain. I did manage to jump on the elliptical for 35 minutes which wasn't so bad. I needed to do something. And, for maybe the first time during this trimester, I substituted a strength training session with a nice long stretching routine. Felt so good! And foam rolling... that hurt a lot but was needed. Overall, very happy with this week.

Photo(s) of the week: 


Wanna talk about nesting? I'll talk about nesting. Because holy crap that's what I did this week. I had my mom come down from NH to finalize a few things so that we are prepared for the babies arrival in a couple weeks. Added a few new shelving units to make room for baby items but one thing that was desperately needed (and most annoying to clean)... were my blinds. I have huge windows and they were filthy! After doing some Pinterest research on how to clean the blinds, I settled with equal amounts of water and distilled white vinegar, a pair of sox and a cleaning cloth to tackle the nonsense. 1 window a day was my strategy (takes like 30 minutes to do one damn window). It sucked... so bad! But SO CLEAN! Just need to get after my bedroom and touch up the babies room... then we are GOOD.To.GO!
Jim was NOT happy to try on the Ergo 360. I think if he didn't have a couple cocktails in
him he wouldn't have even looked at the thing. This is one thing Jim said he will not wear
lol! I think he will... but doesn't know it yet. 
I don't know... but I believe that SOMEBODY dropped a bit. This is just
one day apart... I totally see it. Do you? I think if the shirt on
the right was a bit more fitted under the breast
you would see it. He is getting close!

No comments: