Saturday, August 30, 2014

37 weeks, 5 days: one last night away

For about a week I've been hinting to Jim that I wanted one more night away before Baby N's arrival in a couple weeks. He had a few warranted reservations ("what if you go into labor?!") but I was able to convince him (and reassure him) that it won't happen. He knew this was one thing I really wanted to do and that it will be a while until we are able to do so after the little man is here.

So we agreed on a location that wasn't too far from the hospital (45 mins away), a place that was reasonably priced, had a lot going on and familiar... Newburyport.

Imagine my excitement when he confirmed the details!

With VBRO's help, Jim found this little cute Bed and Breakfast (minus the breakfast?) room in town! Live music, farmers market, lots of GF goodies, perfect weather, and most importantly... the perfect company.

I woke up early Saturday morning with so much excitement, feeling 'fantastic' and eager to get on the road.  Jim couldn't help but laugh watching me 'bounce' around (literally) trying to help pack the car (and knowing that I shouldn't be doing anything at this point!).

Jim made arrangements to ride with a few friends up in the area while I spent the morning hours by myself walking around the little shops, eat (of course) and just have the time to myself. I brought my running clothes but decided on taking a day off. "I'll go tomorrow" ...

It was just what I needed. With a coffee in hand I shopped a little bought this CUTEST piece from an antique shop for the babies room.  A fantastic accessory for above our reading chair!

I also found a gluten free breakfast joint where I sat by myself at the bar craving home fries, peanut butter and toast. No one questioned my order (after they looked at my large belly). All I did was sit there with my thoughts while reading some newfound blogs.

After breakfast I decided to head over to the music festival area to try and reserve my spot on the lawn. Since it was only 8:30 am, I had no problems securing a prime spot. Set up shop, pulled out my book, read a few pages and napped a little bit while the sun shined on my face. I had a few people around me relaxing and hanging out smiled when they saw me and my belly resting on the ground. One joked "I am not equipped to deliver any baby!" I reassured him that I won't go into labor anytime soon lol!

While looking up into the sky, I closed my eyes... and breathed. It was a moment of letting go. A moment where I was able to center myself (and my son). It was a moment that I knew I was ready to be a mom.

And I think the little man heard me.

Jim was done with his ride so we checked in at our bed and breakfast, got a few necessary snacks and made it back to the music festival before it started. There we spent the entire day hanging out, listening to music, laughed, talked about the little man, making fun of how uncomfortable I looked in the chair... it was the time I wanted with my husband. A time that I know will be on hold when our son arrives. Until we situate our selves and figure out this whole parenting thing. It was so awesome!
After the show we walked around, went to dinner, and made it back to our room by 10:00 pm. Jim passed out quickly while I read a little ... and then found myself staring at him. I needed this with my husband. My muse. The love of my life. And the father of our soon to be son.

I needed this night away together. Before everything changes. I closed my eyes... breathed... and let go...

... not realizing that it was our last night together as a two person family.

No comments: