Sunday, August 17, 2014

36 weeks: hormone overload

How far along are you: 36 weeks

Total weight gain:  +1 lbs,  28 lbs total

Maternity clothes: I found this amazing pair of maternity running capris at Target that I've lived in all week. How did I last 36 weeks without maternity running clothes. Just stuffed myself in larger sized clothes this whole time! Started to look like a mushroom. So I said eff it and bought them. So what if I have 4 weeks (ish) left in this pregnancy. I am sure that I'll live in them post baby =)


Stretch marks: Still trying to get over the stretch marks located right between my underarms and my side boob. I mean, I guess this is what happens when you go from a high B to a very very high D! Needs a little wiggle room. 

Sleep: Sleeping through the night didn't happen this week. I go to the bathroom at least once around 12-2:00 am then wake up at 4:00 in hope to workout (which didn't happen). Oh.. naps. Every day this week. No joke. All I want to do is sleep!

Best moments of the week: Other than my last day of class (!!!) I will have to say I have been enjoying the little mans movements. It's getting pretty intense and constant. I've noticed he'll move more when I listen to music or when I sing.

Miss anything: Motivation. Stability. Strength. Been feeling a bit weak both physically and mentally. I've also been in a rut lately and wanting to be alone with my thoughts. Even my running has diminished. I have nothing in me. But it's temporary and will pass. In 4 weeks... all this will mean nothing and my focus will be all on him.  

Movements: With the limited room he has, I can feel every body part move all over the place. His legs and feet are making peristalsis movement across my stomach. I know I'm going to miss this. 

Food cravings: Hmmm, well. I haven't been eating a lot but when I do it hasn't been the greatest. A bunch of crap!! A few bites here and there but enough to annoy me lol. I did however crave a veggie burger and fries from Tasty Burger in Southie so I made my husband drive me there after a party. Luckily he ordered a soft serve ice cream for himself (which made me feel better about myself lol). Win win!! Devoured my meal and went to bed. Fatty at it's best.

Anything making you sick:

Have you started showing yet: 

Gender: future 3:04:59 marathoner =)

Mood: A bit down. Actually, a lot down. It's been a solid week of feeling very frustrated and moody. I'm so grateful to have a few friends, who are also pregnant and in the same weeks, going through the same thing. We will joke about how annoying it has been being hormonal. Something we are not used to. Something we don't have any control over. But the encouragement, venting sessions, and motivations have been beyond helpful. I am so happy to share this with them.


Looking forward to: Now that school is OVER, I will be able to slowly chip away the final check list items that I have (well, I don't have but probably should) before the little man arrives. I'm looking forward to not having anything planned and just enjoy my solidarity. My time before life changes. I'll be bored I'm sure but it will be needed. Room is done. Our bags are packed. Just waiting for him =)

Husbands feelings: “Well, this was probably the most trying week of the entire pregnancy.  Sarah has handled a lot throughout the past few months and done so like an absolute champ.  I have come to take her strength for granted.  The combination of going to/completing/dominating school, dealing with family and me bouncing around was a lot to take on.  Unfortunately the week started off with all these things coming to a head.

Bottom line, I should have been more supportive in regards to family and the way I was communicating.  Normally these items wouldn't have been a huge deal but combined with the pregnancy it wasn't so pretty.  Bottom line, it was a week full of being tough days.  I was as patient as I could be and eventually we were able to talk through the situations but it wasn't easy.  I love my wife and I love her incredible strength but it's very important to not underestimate the toll that pregnancy can take.”

Running: Non-existant this week. Maybe one running day. 4 slow miles. I just didn't have it in me. But you know what. WHO CARES! In the 36 weeks I've been pregnant this is the first time I've missed so many workouts. I am proud of myself for going strong for so long. I knew this time would come where I would have to slow down. But then again, I do have 4 weeks left =)

Photo(s) of the week:  
You know that moment when you order a handful of items and they all come in at the SAME TIME! Exciting right?! The best part is when you forget what you've ordered until they arrive. 

Maternity bag: Since I am rather obsessed with Pinterest, I saw this maternity bag that I instantly fell in love with. All positive reviews and the practicality and functionality of the bag really caught my eye. I do have another larger maternity bag but wanted something a bit smaller. The Skip Hop 'Duo' Bag needed to be purchased! What I love about the bag is that is pretty narrow where you can hang it off your stroller, it seemed durable and easy to clean, and it's just plain CUTE! The best part... it was on sale for $40!!!

Newborn hat: Another obsession I have is shopping off Etsy. I love the personal touches of each item created and I usually buy any sort of gifts off it. I spotted this new born hat that I knew I wanted my son to wear after he's born. I may do newborn pix and this just fit the theme! A lightweight hat with Fall colors. I held off for a few weeks and when I couldn't find it in my search engine... I panicked thinking it was sold. So imagine my excitement when I did find it... purchased the hat that moment!
Baby Clothes: I also received a cute variety of clothes from one of my husbands best friends (his wife may have had something to do with it lol) and I can't even explain how excited I got thinking of him sporting this set next summer. He is going to be one stylish little dude!

Dresser knobs: Another Etsy item that I had on my registry were a set of custom dress knobs with little bikes all over them. LOVED them and it actually was one item that sparked the idea of a bike themed room. Sadly, (more like angrily) I had to return them because they were too big or the dressers and wouldn't fit!! I loved them but it didn't make sense to hold on to them. Check out ReadingInRags website.
Someone is trying to make himself at home.
He's been doing this a lot lately! 
When cleaning up the closet in the babies room, I found these two
precious gems. My husband and I when we were 6 months old.
I may be biased but we were pretty damn cute kids.
I hope Baby N has my husbands ears!!

No comments: