How far along are you: 34 weeks, 3 daysTotal weight gain: +1 lbs, 27 lbs total
Maternity clothes: I mean, what else would I be wearing?
Stretch marks: As of now nothing new. To be honest I stopped looking.
Sleep: I noticed that I am sleeping on my right side lately. I usually sleep on my left but for some reason the right side has been a lot more comfortable. Surprisingly, I've been sleeping throughout the night without waking up. Yay?!
Best moments of the week: The moment that Jim's grandfather, who has been really sick, was able to feel the little man move in my belly. This will be his very first great grandchild. It really meant the world to my husband that he was able to feel him move. A way for the little man to say hello.
Miss anything: Being able to walk up stares without losing my breath. I try so hard to fight through each flight but when I stop, it's beyond comical to see me try and catch my breath before I am able to start a conversation. But I won't give up! Will continue to take the stares, lose my breath, laugh, repeat.
Movements: Well, he is still kicking up a storm but I'm definitely noticing a lot more 'kinks' because of his moving. My back hurt a bit earlier in the week, my hips were rather tight and my energy was absolutely shot. It was the first time in this whole pregnancy that I felt.. well.. pregnant
Gender: little boy =)
Mood: I'm still on cloud 9 from my shower last weekend but definitely starting to stress a bit about my upcoming finals. Really trying to stay focused and not be overwhelmed which is a bit hard. Baby wise, feeling a bit feisty and snippy. Which is why I've been keeping to myself.
Looking forward to: Doing absolutely nothing this weekend other than finalizing a few things in the babies room. Oh!! How could I forget... a prenatal massage!!
Husbands feelings: I'm sure he is happy =) I need to ask him!
Running: It was so awesome to finally get in 4 runs in one week! I've been hovering over just 3 runs a week and forced myself to run on more on the weekend. I did, however, have to jump on the elliptical for a bit when my knees and legs didn't want to really move on a run. I spent only 10 minutes on that damn thing (hate it!). But it's something.
Photo(s) of the week: After being spoiled absolutely rotten by my friends and family at my shower(s), I finally had the opportunity to start putting items together and away. It's crazy how much a baby needs! I am sure he doesn't REALLY need all this stuff... (or does he) but it's nice to have just in case. I was able to start really decorating the room with a bunch of knick-knacks =) So much fun!
Photo(s) of the week: After being spoiled absolutely rotten by my friends and family at my shower(s), I finally had the opportunity to start putting items together and away. It's crazy how much a baby needs! I am sure he doesn't REALLY need all this stuff... (or does he) but it's nice to have just in case. I was able to start really decorating the room with a bunch of knick-knacks =) So much fun!
Pack N Play and Newborn Rock N Play: the PNP was an absolute must on our registry. Especially the changing table attachment. This will allow me to change the little man upstairs rather than bring him down to his room for changing. Lazy? Nah! I think it's rather smart. Was a b***h to put together but well worth it. I also received the Newborn Rock N Play sleeper from one of my best friends mother (what an awesome surprise). I didn't register for this but did hear and read how this item needed to be in my house. An easy, portable sleeper that will rock the baby to sleep while keeping him comfortable and compact. I was toying with the idea of getting one so imagine my excitement when I got it in the mail. And look how cute... a MONKEY! He's going to love it (better!).
Since I had a weekend off (other then studying of course) I wanted to start tackling the linens by laundering all the necessary items for when he arrives. Have you seen baby socks before? They are tiny!! I sent the picture on the right to my husband to which he responded "What's that?" Lol! What's even funnier is that I already lost one sock of a pair while doing the laundry. Damn those sock gnomes!
I wanted to add a little character in the room by displaying some old school toys all over the place. I decorated the top of his cubed bookshelf with stuffed animals, framed picture, a bike wheel and other cute items. One of my favorite toys is the alphabet blocks! An old school staple item. It will be such a great toy to use when he is older and ready to learn how to start spelling =) I actually had a picture of the entire display but realized after that I positioned the letters spelling out his potential name!! Which we all know won't be shared until he's born (if you already know.. shhhh!) I'll retake and post next week.
I went to buy buy baby to exchange a couple things (colors didn't match) and decided to buy a crib liner. I wasn't going to buy one since I've read that one of the #1 causes of infant deaths had to do with crib asphyxiation of the liner. It makes sense. But, the idea that his arms and legs may get caught in between the posts bothers me as well. I ended up buying a mesh liner to please both worlds. The ties seem a bit girly to me but I'm going with functionality and structure than the look. Do you use a crib liner?
I bought this balloon for the shower that my husband absolutely loves! So I thought it would be a nice little addition to the babies room. An this other thing, saw it at the baby store and thought it was a necessary item to have! What is it? No clue... something to do with drying small items I think.
















No comments:
Post a Comment