Saturday, April 12, 2014

18 Weeks: Soup obsession


How far along are you: 18 weeks, 2 days

Total weight gain: 1 lb this week, 9 lbs total

Maternity clothes: Yes, but only a couple items. Since I have to wear scrubs all day I don't have to worry about buying a lot of maternity clothes. But I can see the pile getting bigger in the near future.

Stretch marks: No

Sleep: Still a challenge. It doesn't help that the two cats are constantly waking me up. This needs to stop!

Best moments of the week: Being able to spend some time with my little nephew. He is almost one year old and crawling everywhere! Such a cutie!

Miss anything: SLEEP! And my morning workouts. Because I get up every night I've been working out in the evening. It's fine but I do miss getting the workouts over with early in the morning. 

Movements: No

Food cravings: I decided to stop fighting my cereal addiction so instead of having it randomly throughout the day I now just eat it during breakfast in place of my usual meal. Goal is to not waste the milk. Keep pouring in the cereal until the bowl is dry. My strategy during this pregnancy =) However, a new craving developed this week. Soup! A hearty bowl of chicken rice veggie soup. 


Anything making you sick: No

Have you started showing yet: Yes. People have been now coming up and congratulating me on my pregnancy. You can see the hesitation in their voice though =) 

Gender: Soon!

Mood: Just really tired... but feeling happy.

Looking forward to: Our gender ultrasound on Tuesday! Even though we are waiting one more week to know the sex of the baby (will explain later), we are really anxious to see Baby N on the screen. It's been 6 weeks since our last (and first) ultrasound... cannot wait!

Husbands feelings: Forgot to ask him... but I'm sure he is ecstatic! 

Running:  The very hilly half marathon that took place last Sunday (race recap will soon follow) slowed me down this week. Legs were slow, energy felt off and overall I felt rather weak. Not too upset about it really. It's expected. But I did what I could and tried to keep going but at a much slower pace. Crazy how one minute I can easily run an 8:30 pace and next minute a 9:15 pace seems like a challenge. 

Photo(s) of the week:  This little guy... Baby Jordan! My brother's adorable son who I absolutely love! I cannot wait for Baby N to grow up with him. His smile is just so contagious!



No comments: