Saturday, April 5, 2014

17 Weeks: I'm not fat anymore!


I've been waiting for this moment. The moment when my pregnant belly decided to pop out just enough to make me look pregnant and not fat!! Before any of you decide to text me and/or comment about that statement... I don't want to hear it!! ;-)

I get it and hear ALL.THE.TIME... "Sarah, you are pregnant and not FAT!" I feel that people who've been through a pregnancy get it and those who haven't... don't. It makes sense. I use to be that person who would try and console a pregnant women whenever she would say she felt fat. Because I had no clue. But now that I am pregnant and experiencing all this craziness... I totally get it!

When you are not quite ready to buy maternity clothes and still try to squeeze into your 'old' regular clothes... that fat feeling is even more adamant. Because of this, I did have someone at the gym last week make a comment about my weight after she found out I was pregnant.

"Sarah! I heard that you are pregnant! Congratulations! I honestly though you just put on weight!"

Imagine my internal reaction.

(photos taken from google images)

Truth is... I don't give two $hits if people think I put on weight (even before they found out I was pregnant). When you try and stuff yourself into those size 4's it becomes even more obvious.

I finally gave in last weekend and bought some new MATERNITY CLOTHES!! Especially workout clothes. I didn't want to go overboard since I can't fathom wasting money on something so temporary. A few basic items were needed and after doing some research... I decided to check out Old Navy.

So many amazing options! I didn't even buy maternity tanks since some of the tops already are bubble like that I can easily grow into it AND wear it post baby. Best part... they were on sale for $10! I also found a fitted tank (not maternity) that is ruched on the sides where it allows for a bit of expansion. It's fitted but I love how it holds everything in.

 (the pink colored tanks are just a coincidence.. NOT an indication that I'm having a girl!)
I find out in two weeks!

While at the store, I did find a pair of maternity jeans and a simple tee that I fell in love with. I was a bit hesitant about trying them on but I really needed some options. Really shocked how well they fit! I felt confident in the clothes and like myself again. To avoid splurging.. I only bought one pair of each for now.... but will go back and buy more.
I need more running/shorts capris though. I just bought one pair of bigger regular capris which are fine since I didn't find any maternity pairs. Will do more digging and let you know!

How far along are you: 17 weeks, 2 days

Total weight gain: 1 lb this week, 8 lbs total

Maternity clothes: I caved in and started buying some maternity clothes!! 

Stretch marks: No

Sleep: Other than one sleepless night I was able to get in some solid hours this week. Still open my eyes around 2-3:00 AM for a few seconds but been able to go back to sleep rather quickly.

Best moments of the week: Now that I popped a bit.. I feel pregnant. Knowing that there is this little person growing in me clicked even more this week. I've noticed I've been randomly rubbing my stomach. A little bonding moment in a way =)

Miss anything: For the first time this entire pregnancy I actually miss having cocktails. Surprised it took me this long to miss it. Just being able to have a cold cocktail with some friends. 

Movements: No

Food cravings: Ok, I lied last week. I thought I kicked the cereal habit but a few times this week I managed to indulge in 3 bowls per sitting... sigh. Luckily they are very low in sugar and I use almond milk instead. Oh, and ice cream. Been craving ice cream but did not fulfill the craving at all! Need to fix that this weekend. 

Anything making you sick: Negative

Have you started showing yet: Absolutely!!! The belly finally popped out this week and now I don't have to hold in my stomach anymore!

Gender: 9 more days until we find out!

Mood: Happy and I have a lot of energy. All week I felt strong and like myself. Ok, maybe one day I slept for 12 hours but what do you expect when you wake up at 4:30 to workout, go to school all day and try and cook dinner when you get home after studying. It caught up to me.

Looking forward to: I have a half marathon tomorrow that I am excited about. Not racing it but love that Baby N will be running his/her 4th race this year! 

Husbands feelings: "Are you really asking me this question while I'm taking a post-run ice bath?" Ok, I'll ask you next week!

Running:  I started adding weight training back to my routine. And I swear just one week of consistency has made my running so much stronger! I know all this... but when you are out of your old ways for so long you forget. Still running and feeling strong. Slower but the consistency is great! Me and Baby N are happy =)

Photo(s) of the week:  I really don't have any fun photos to post this week. Haven't been taking many since studying took over my schedule. So, I figured I'd share some week 17 picture tempts to show you how long it takes me to finally select a picture I want to share with you lol! The below 6 are just half of it!. My poor husband is a true patient soul.



No comments: