16 weeks. I am still trying to swallow the fact that I've been pregnant for 4 months!!!
I won't say that this pregnancy is flying by but the past few weeks definitely have. Between going back to school, studying every night, cooking, running, cleaning (ugh), sleeping and a little slap and tickle, I feel like I haven't had a moment to really think about this pregnancy until I am in bed (or when I am running).
But when I do think about Baby N... all I can think about is what kind of mother I'll be.
The idea of being able to create so many wonderful memories and how the little avocado will change our lives is equally thrilling and scary. I think about how amazing of a father Jim will be and how (I am sure) he will automatically be the 'good cop' (he never says no!) lol! And just recently, I've been thinking about what kind of running stroller I need to purchase.... obviously.
Then I wake up and the business of reality slaps me back in the face. Sigh....
My little study corner that I created =) Added a decorative chair to
motivate me a bit lol! That and my side kick making sure I do my homework!
Trying to cook in-between all the businesses. Not cooking as much
as I want too but it does help relax me a bit.
![]() |
| Fact! |
Total weight gain: 2 lb this week, 7 lbs total
Maternity clothes: No... but I think it's time to start hunting for some. Trying to fit in my regular clothes is not working anymore, and well, just doesn't look GOOD! Bring on the spandex ....!!!
Stretch marks: No
Sleep: Great news! I am finally sleeping through the night! However, I've been automatically waking up at 5:00 AM without hesitation. It's great when I have to workout but not so great when I want to sleep in one morning. Trying to go back to sleep is always a mess.
Best moments of the week: The moment that it clicked that I was having a baby. I mean, I obviously know that I am (duh!), but been going with the flow with it all. However, I had an amazing conversation with someone at my school about my pregnancy and our discussion and her touching/kind words really made it a reality. The feeling that I'm going to me a mom really made my heart smile.
Miss anything: My energy during my workouts. I've been feeling a bit sluggish and achey if I try and lift or spin. Running is FINE (for the most part) but everything else is starting to feel like a challenge. My lack of energy turns into lack of motivation so I end the workout.
Movements: No
Food cravings: Cereal? What cereal? That craving is out the door. I have moved onto cheese sandwiches and rice!. Who am I kidding... I always loved cheese sandwiches and rice even before I was pregnant.
Anything making you sick: Nope... all good =)
Have you started showing yet: A little popped took place this week. But I have a feeling it's going to expand a lot the next few... I can feel it. I can't wait.. I just hate looking like I'm fat lol!
Gender: unknown.. but we'll find out in about TWO WEEKS!
Mood: Trying to balance life, school, studying, working out, cooking, sleeping... It's been wearing me out a bit. Been exhausted by the time I go to bed... But feeling calm and focused.
Looking forward to: Planning my baby shower. I started thinking about it this week (knowing it will be here in no time) and how I want it to be very different and unique. It will be a lot of fun trying to come up with something creative. Goal is not to bore people...
Husbands feelings: "Daddy is rocking and rolling, excited to find out the sex of the baby in a few weeks. Very happy we are making a couple of decisions (new car, life insurance, etc) that will put us in a better place when the new little one arrives. I'm still impressed with how mom is totally kicking a$$ with this pregnancy"... I love him =)
Running: Surprisingly I am doing great! Had a strong running week this past week which included a 17 mile long run on Sunday with the final 4 miles sub 8:00/pace. Went other than many bathroom breaks the legs are holding up. But, the lifting has been a challenge.... feeling very weak. But will do what I can.
Photo(s) of the week: This weeks "photo of the week" has to go to my BAA 5K bib I received in the mail!! Since I am not able to run the marathon this year, I decided to tackle the 5K so that I can at least be a part of the amazing weekend. We all know I am not a fan of 5Ks (puke!) but this one will be different... it will be an opportunity to take in my surroundings. I'm sure I'll be an emotional wreck but I'll be happy to share these emotions my fellow runners =)









No comments:
Post a Comment