Boxes of cereal, chocolate, almond milk based ice cream (with m&ms sometimes), fries, 2 pieces of toast for breakfast, lunch and dinner.. chips.. I was a bit everywhere. I did eat healthy yes but all the above was incorporated between each meal. Not good. Because of this it made me feel like I was 'showing' a bit earlier than expected Nope... it was because I was bloated, swelling up with so much toxins in me, and full of crap... literally.
My vacation to San Diego didn't help either. I went nuts and didn't even have a balanced meal really... rarely. So when I got back I decided to cut the sh*t and clean up. It's been one full week and I cannot tell you how eating clean makes such a difference. I totally know all this.... but with cravings and the mental attitude that I was 'pregnant and can eat whatever I want'... was such a horrible excuse.
I made the adjustments right away. And after a solid week of eating balanced clean meals... All the toxins are gone and my swelling is no longer adamant. I feel that because of this, I am SMALLER than last week in the stomach area. Jim noticed instantly and all I said "I am very very sneaky" lol!
My goal, and new attitude, during the second trimester is to be a bit smarter and manage my food intake a bit better. Don't get me wrong, I am still going to enjoy a few treats here and there (cheese sandwich anyone!?) but my main focus will be the main meals. Now that I am back in school and finally back in a regiment, I am able to structure my meals a bit better.
I'm going to put on weight. Thats the truth and something I am finally accepting. But I do not want to get out of control and have it backfire at a later date.
"Balance... fuel.... structure.... enjoyment... healthy."
Total weight gain: -3 lb this week, 5 lbs total
Maternity clothes: Negative... but I do need new gym clothes. A lot of my shirts are not fitting... not really because of the belly, but because of my BOOBS! I had a small chest so when these suckers came about, my shirts instantly didn't fit. Trying to stuff them into my old sports bras... isn't pretty.
Stretch marks: No
Sleep: Back to my old habits... waking up at 3:00 am to hit the bathroom, have a snack or once... stay up until the next day.
Best moments of the week: Baby N's first Half Marathon!!
Miss anything: Not this week. It was a really good week =)
Movements: No
Food cravings: My cereal intake has diminished! No clue why ... maybe it had to do with the fact that I wanted to eat healthy all week. Don't get me wrong, I've had a bowl or two here and there but not 2-3 bowls a day twice a day! I will have to say that cheese sandwiches are the new contenders!!
Anything making you sick: In class today, I had to witness a facial and during the extraction process I got a bit nauseas!
Have you started showing yet: See, the crazy thing is that since I have a sensitive stomach to food (where my stomach will easily expand 2-3 inches because of discomfort) I feel that my belly has gone down after eating clean all week. I feel that last week I showed more but knew it was b/c I ate like crap the entire week before. So, there is a subtle bump this week =) Can you see a difference?
Gender: unknown
Mood: Tired but not exhausted. A bit motivated as well =)
Looking forward to: Doing nothing this weekend other than possibly buying a new car!! Woohoo!
Husbands feelings: "This week was exciting since I was finally able to tell everybody at work. They are really happy for us and even bought me a cupcake from CRUMBS!! I need to break such news to them often" - Jim
Running: My legs are feeling like junk this week after Sunday's race. Even though I didn't race it, those hills did take a number on them. I tried moving them a few times during my workouts but they felt heavy. Went to a core/strength class as well which caused the recovery process to slow down. I need me some yoga.
Photo(s) of the week: I've been eyeing this tank top for WEEKS!!! Knowing that the warm weather is around the corner, I really wanted this shirt to wear during my upcoming races as well as the summer season. It's a popular tank top but I really wanted it. Especially in the green color. I figured I'd buy it in a few weeks when I started to show until I received a package in the mail:
![]() |
| I always fall for this! Sasha thinks it funny to stuff her gifts/cards with confetti!!! lol!!! |
![]() |
| She always makes the best homemade cards! When you lift the belly it shows a smiley face =) |
![]() |
| She is going to be the best Auntie! |











No comments:
Post a Comment