Friday, March 7, 2014

13 Weeks: Second Trimester

Oh, hello second trimester.  Happy to see you =) 

A lot of my runner friends have blogs (my favorite!). A lot of these friends then got pregnant, still ran and still maintained their blogs. I loved following their experience throughout their pregnancy and how they running changed because of it. I thought it was so cute to document their journey and how one day they will go back and read this to their children. 

Since I am a runner who has a blog and who is now pregnant =), I am so eager to follow their lead and do the same thing! It will be so amazing to see how I've 'grown' and then to maybe one day share it with Baby N.

So, starting today, 13 weeks (second trimester), I am sharing this crazy adventure with you! I hope to answer the following questions each week while posting a picture of my belly progression. It's definitely going to be weird seeing it grow while everything clothing item gets TIGHT lol! All for a good cause, right?!



How far along are you: 13 weeks

Total weight gain: +6 lbs

Maternity clothes: Not yet but I did try on a pair of maternity shorts and linen pants and FELL IN LOVE!! But definitely not ready. I did however go up in a pant size.

Stretch marks: No

Sleep: I still wake up every morning at 3:00 AM. But luckily, not like the first trimester, I am able to go right back to bed without any hesitation. Other than that I am able to sleep throughout the night.

Best moments of the week: The moment I saw little baby N on the ultrasound.

Miss anything: I'll admit that I do miss a glass of wine but in a social setting. I am not craving the wine but it's more the fact that when I go out with friends having a drink is usually my social vice. Now, I just want people drink around me.

Movements: No

Food cravings: Cereal!! And adding fruit to the cereal is a must.

Anything making you sick: This may shock people but my obsession with Nut thins that I used to have now makes me feel a bit uneasy when I eat them. I don't gag or anything but I do feel a bit 'off' if that makes sense. 

Have you started showing yet: Absolutely! Well, I think so... Maybe a little bit but it probably has to do with the fact that I usually get bloated when I eat certain foods and my bathroom regularity is not the same.

Gender: unknown

Mood: So happy...

Looking forward to: Our trip to San Diego!

Husbands feelings: Excited! Especially after seeing the baby on the ultrasound. He would not take his eyes off the screen and even stood up right in front of it which blocked my view! You can totally see him fall in love. 

Running:  Since I am 'racing' a half marathon next weekend, this is considered my taper week. Unfortunately, it's been very rough. My legs wouldn't move. They've been feeling exhausted. So took a few days off and ran slower than usual. It did the trick.

Photo(s) of the week: Our first ultrasound!! What an amazing experience seeing Baby N for the first time. He/she would NOT STOP MOVING!! twirling all around the screen! Either this child is going to be nuts or that it's ready to start running asap lol!!

Yes, I think that is a middle finger!
I may be biased but I think our kid is freakin cute!

No comments: