Friday, March 14, 2014

14 Weeks: Babymoon!

So happy to see week 14! I am feeling like myself again with so much energy and motivation! I've read and heard that this would happen. Been longing for this feeling... the first trimester was just brutally long and, well, hard!! Happy that it's over.

I am definitely looking forward to seeing what this second trimester will bring. A lot of growth, of course, but between that and my energy, I know it's going to be a pretty great experience. Hoping to milk every minute of it.

How far along are you: 14 weeks, 1 day

Total weight gain: 2 lb this week, 8 lbs total 

Maternity clothes: I did wear a pair of linen maternity pants on our trip. They were big but very comfy! Other than that no. But I do need to start buying bigger sizes. 

Stretch marks: Nope! Did a lot of research on what lotions to use and narrowed them down to TriLastin and Mama Bee Belly Butter. I love love love TriLastin! Smells amazing and the reviews are by far the best. Cost isn't too bad... not cheap but not $$$! However, the jar is small and you can easily go through it within a month. I did buy Mama Bee since it was much cheaper and easy to buy at a local store (TriLastin needs to be ordered online). I am not a fan of the Mama Bee smell at all but it's not oily and had decent reviews. I'll stick to TriLastin.

Sleep: I finally was able to sleep throughout the night on vacation. A couple midnight bathrooms wakeup moments but I went right back to sleep. 

Best moments of the week: Spending the time with Jim. We really needed this babymoon after a cold/miserable winter. The time together in the sun without a worry in the world really rejuvenated our relationship. It really allowed us to embrace the pregnancy even more. 

Miss anything: Being able to run without peeing all the time!

Movements: No

Food cravings: Sadly, carbs took over my cravings this week as well as potato chips. It was rather disgusting the amount of chips I ate while away. 

Anything making you sick: Two things... 1) my veggie noodle dish I ate when I got to San Diego (puked everywhere the next morning) and 2). My Mexican rice/chicken dish I ate on the trip that came out later as well. Gross!

Have you started showing yet: You tell me? lol! I think so.. Jim even pointed it out while we were on vacation. My response "I haven't gone to the bathroom in days". I have such sensitivity to food and lately (especially dairy) it has caused me to feel very bloated. My stomach went down immensely after I was able to go to the bathroom (TMI SORRY!). But it's there =)

Gender: unknown.. we'll find out soon!!

Mood: Tired... has to do with the time change I think.

Looking forward to: Running baby N's first half marathon on Sunday!! (3/16)

Husbands feelings: Forgot to ask Jim this! 

Running: My legs have been feeling exhausted. This usually happens during my taper week anyway. I did have a few good runs though... hopefully it will stick on Sunday! 

Photo(s) of the week: 
Bought Baby N's very first gift from the
San Diego Zoo! 

No comments: