![]() |
| Photo credit: Etsy |
![]() |
| Photo credit: Etsy |
I guess that's a good thing. It allowed me to do a lot of research on 'what to expect', read many amazing blogs, pester some of my pregnant friends or new mothers with many questions. I had absolutely no clue what to expect! I mean, I did but everyone is different and kept thinking, "how will the first trimester treat me? And how will I be able to handle it?"
Being thrown many new curveballs and not knowing how to really prepare for them was a bit scary. But it was a challenge that I was willing to take... not by choice of course.
So, what did I experience during my first trimester? Many many things. Below is a list of the items that stood out the most for me. Can you relate?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- BOOBS: Huge... no joke! I've always had a small chest and never thought I would be able to create such largeness! My clothes do not support such things! And I instantly didn't like how my clothes fit. However, Jim had no complaints... I've caught him many times staring and not knowing what to do.
![]() |
| Probably doesn't help that I have a pushup bra on... |
INSOMNIA: I kid you not, a week before I found out I was pregnant I would automatically wake up between 2:45-3:15 EVERY MORNING! And I still do! Without any hesitation I open my eyes and want to get up. I think I can count on one hand how many times I slept through the night without waking up... less than 5x! Is this my body preparing me for the midnight feedings? "Um, can we wait until after the baby is born!? I want to be able to sleep for another 9 months!" Nope... go pee...
BATHROOM BREAKS!: This is one thing I was prepared for, but doesn't mean it's not annoying. Especially when you are trying to run OUTSIDE. I started to plan my routes based on bathroom breaks.
SKIN PROS/CONS: I never really had clear skin until NOW! Woohoo! My face has limited zits and seems to glow more than usual.. however, my shoulders and back are another story (gross!) You really can't see it unless you look close but I have these small bumps everywhere. Hormones are really funny! ugh...
MORNING SICKNESS: I am very fortunate with the whole morning sickness. I never felt like I want to throw up. Just nauseas and a bit 'hungover'. It will always happen when I wake up at 3:00 AM. And I realized that the only cure is for me to eat something. I will admit that I have gotten up, made myself a bowl of cereal, and went back to bed. Jim thinks it hilarious. I think it's pretty awesome.
PHLEGM: I am not going to get into this but I have a lot of it and it's so freakin gross.
NAPS: I've heard about these naps but never thought they would knock me right out in the middle of the day. The moment I wake up from them I am so agitated and lost that I literally want to head butt someone. I don't even have to say anything... my eyes and hair (sticking straight up) says it all. I hate you naps!
CRAVINGS: I don't have a lot of cravings really, other than CEREAL! People... it's a slight obsession right now. I have at least 3 different kinds in my pantry! I easily go through 2-3 bowls in one sitting (don't want to waste the milk!) and maybe even one before dinner. Luckily I have a food allergy so the cereal that I actually get is rather healthy and has very low sugar. I am happy I run a lot.. if not... umpfff my pants would not fit!
![]() |
| My favorite boys! |
![]() |
| Plotting my next attack! |
Not too bad....right? The good news is that I was still able to run like no other during this time, even PR'ing in two races that I ran with the little bean (here and here). I can tell I am slowing down a bit and some of my workouts have been a tad exhausting but I am happy to report I am still able to do everything!
For now....







No comments:
Post a Comment