5 weeks ago I asked my coach if I could run one more half marathon before I really start training for my Fall marathon(s). With his support he adjusted my plan a bit so the past month has been dedicated to train for the Shipyard Old Port Half marathon up in Portland, ME (recap will be posted soon).
During this time I ran. I repeat... I ran a lot! In the month of June I ran my highest mileage in a YEAR (175 miles.. for me that's a lot). I also ran 6 days in a row which is very rare as well. It was actually really great and rewarding, yet exhausting. Many time I found myself feeling beat up but kept going. All I needed was to get to the half marathon before my 1 WHOLE WEEK OFF (own post in itself)!
It was tough but I did it... I made it to race day. I made it through my first training cycle and am a step closer to my Fall marathon.
Week of June 17th:
It was tough but I did it... I made it to race day. I made it through my first training cycle and am a step closer to my Fall marathon.
- Monday: Rest
- Tuesday: 4 miles + strides
- Wednesday: 7 mile repeat at the track
- Thursday: 4 miles and strength work
- Friday: 4 miles + hill sprints
- Saturday: 16 miles
- Sunday: 4 miles and strength work
Week of June 24th:
- Monday: Rest
- Tuesday: 4 miles + strides
- Wednesday: 7 mile repeat at the track
- Thursday: 4 miles and strength work
- Friday: 4 miles + hill sprints
- Saturday: 16 miles (last mile at HM pace)
- Sunday: 4 miles and strength work
Week of July 1st:
- Monday: Rest
- Tuesday: 5 miles + strides
- Wednesday: 8 mile repeat at the track
- Thursday: 5 miles and strength work
- Friday: 4 miles
- Saturday: 4 miles + hill sprints
- Sunday: 17 miles
Week of July 8th:
- Monday: Rest
- Tuesday: 4 miles + strides
- Wednesday: 6 mile repeat at the track
- Thursday: 4 miles
- Friday: Rest
- Saturday: 4 miles + hill sprints
- Sunday: 3 mile w/u + Shipyard Half Marathon

1 comment:
youre back to blogging!!!
Post a Comment