Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Marathon Training Plan: Weeks Eleven and Twelve

Another round of delays! Sorry about that. But know that I’ve been doing really well and enjoying the summer while killing my workouts!! A quick update of my pre-marathon training plan then I will have to post how my actual ‘marathon’ plan is going. I am two weeks + in and don’t want to skip a beat with my updates.

Weeks eleven and twelve were, well, my recovery weeks I suppose. You will see below that after racing (or more like surviving) the Portland Half Marathon, I was told by my coach to take a little time off before indulging in my marathon plan. It was a very difficult thing for me to do at first but I kept reminding myself that “I’ll be training for 6 months straight… what’s one week off”. And let me tell you, not only did I do NOTHING, I slept in every single day and may have gained a few pounds. Oops! Well worth it though. My legs (and mind) were very happy with the break even though I had my moments of antsy-ness (yes I am aware this is not a word).  

It was a bit difficult to get back to my morning workouts after the week off but when you have a plan it motivates you to stick with it.  

Week of July 15th
Monday: Rest
Tuesday: Rest
Wednesday: Rest
Thursday: Rest
Friday: 3 miles + strides (ONLY!?)
Saturday: Rest
Sunday: Rest

Week of July 22nd
Monday: Rest
Tuesday: 4 miles + strides
Wednesday: 6 miles
Thursday: 4 miles + strength work
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 4 miles + hill sprints
Sunday: 15 miles

Caution!! Below images may cause you to gain weight! Warning!! 



Can't believe i am posting this. But whatever motivates me right!
ACCOUNTABILITY PEOPLE!!
 

No comments: