Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Marahton Training Plan: Weeks Five and Six

First round of my training cycle has come to an end! I cannot believe that it's been already 6 weeks since I started with coach. Definitely flew by and yes I am having a lot of fun!!

I had the busiest week of the year recently which resulted in me adjust my training plan a bit. I hate doing that but it was a must. Luckily I got in all the miles but at a much slower pace. Was exhausted for the most part. However, I was able to redeem myself the following week tackling my 10K race with a lot of confidence (race report here). I wanted to finish this training cycle strong and I can honeslty say that I did.

This past weekend I had the opportunity to run in Falmouth and on the Falmout Road Race coures.  Absolutely GORGEOUS!! Even thought it got very hot near the end I was able to enjoy some amazing views.

Amazing views along the course
Final hill before the Falmouth Road Race finish (and the end of my run!)
DONE! Right before the heat got really bad

My seat for the next hour
And my view. Perfect.

Week of June 3rd:
  • Monday: 5 miles
  • Tuesday: 5 miles + strides
  • Wednesday: 8 miles on the track
  • Thursday: spin
  • Friday: 4 miles + hill sprints
  • Saturday: 15 miles
  • Sunday: Rest
Week of June 10th:
  • Monday: 4 miles + strides
  • Tuesday: 2 w/u | 10K Race | 2 c/d
  • Wednesday: Rest
  • Thursday:4 miles and strength work
  • Friday: 4 miles + hill sprints
  • Saturday: 15 miles
  • Sunday: 4 miles

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You rocked these weeks- way to go girl!