Monday, August 1, 2011

I am BACK!!

Yes it has been over 7 months since my last post. What a slacker I have been. But all for good reasons.

Lets recap:

·         Training for the Boston Marathon
·         Back to back weddings
·         Everyone I know turned 30 this year
·         New job
·         Moved into my own apartment
·         More races
·         Love
·         Family
·         Life

It never ends.

So, I decide to start fresh today and try and update my blog as much as I can. My motivation… my November 20th Philadelphia Marathon. I figured this would be a great opportunity to update you all on my training progress, since, well, this is what I will be doing for the next 4 months… committing to a training plan. I will sleep, eat, drink marathon training. Most of my friends already said their byes (tear), knowing I will be MIA for the next few months. I am hoping to find a bit of balance between training and play. Wish me luck!

My goal. To prove that I deserve to run Boston as a qualifier.

For my very first Marathon (Bay State up in Lowell, MA 10/17/10)… I QUALIFIED. Well just barely. 3:38:34. It was the best experience of my life (ok one of) and it go me into Boston. I was extremely fortunate to get in. Boston sign ups happened to be the DAY AFTER Bay State. SO lucky. My dream of running Boston was coming true.

I will blog about my Boston experience soon but to sum it all up… I didn’t qualify again while at Boston. I hit the wall at mile 9 and my legs just gave up. So now, my goal is to try and train a bit better so I can prove that I belong. If I don’t make it, then I was one lucky girl during Bay State.

With that said… 16 weeks until the big day. Lets do this!!

My friends made these shirts when I ran Boston.
They know how to make me feel so special

No comments: