Friday, August 5, 2011

Favorite Friday: TABF?

What is ‘Favorite Friday' you ask? Well, I decided that Friday will be the day that I post my Favorite ‘item’ of the week (or more at the moment). It can be anything from food, clothes, people, animals, TV shows… anything. I can sit here and type out a list of what I love in life… but that is boring. So each week I will share with you a little something about me and what makes me happy.

I introduce you to my very first ‘Favorite Friday’ pick of the week…

My Daily Morning Breakfast: Toast, almond butter and fruit (lets call this TABF for short)


Yeup… this is what I eat every morning before my early morning workouts, before any races and or just because. It is pretty simple really. Gluten Free toast, almond butter and strawberry slices. I will admit that I just added the strawberry slices and it officially made this my favorite breakfast item. Between the sweetness of the fruit and the natural salt that comes from the almond butter… heaven.

Another reason I love this meal, especially before any workouts or races, is because it does not make me feel too full. You know how sometimes you eat something then you go workout and all you do is TASTE whatever you ate. You kinda burp it up a little and it just is annoying and makes you feel blah. Not TABF. I swear by this. I always feel just full enough and it gives me the energy I need for all those workouts. It is absolutely delicious. You should try it!

I think I can have TABF every morning every day. I may put blueberries on it or a banana (mmmmm) but the strawberry always wins the battle.

I heart TABF!!

Side note: After telling Jim about my Favorite Friday idea… his obvious response was “so every Friday will be a blog about me?” God I love him.

No comments: