Tuesday, August 16, 2011

14 Weeks - Long Run Recap: Back with the running group

Second long run of the plan… success!!  

I was able to hit the sack pretty early Saturday night. It really is nice to be able to relax and enjoy a quiet evening when you are constantly going nonstop and have jam packed weekends. 6:15 AM came rather quickly though. I got out of bed without hesitation and started getting myself ready for the run. Same old ritual:

·         Hit snooze once, maybe twice
·         Climb out of bed and leave the room so Jim can sleep
·         Bathroom
·         Prepare TABF
·         Drink water and take vitamins, Aleve
·         Get dressed
·         Glide up
·         More water
·         Pack snacks, GU
·         Garmin
·         Tie sneakers
·         Kiss Jim good bye
·         Grab the iPod

… and off we go.

It usually takes me about 10 minutes to get to LStreet without traffic so I try and head out the door by 7:00. For those of you who know Southie… parking is MISERABLE! However, this time of year I am very lucky to find spots right near the entrance. VICTORY! I love running with this group. I also love when I see the same people who run the same pace as I do. This means they will keep me on point and make the run… fun.  We ran down Memorial Drive and back up Storrow Drive. Probably one of my favorite runs so far. 

PLAN:  15 miles at 8:45 pace
ACTUAL:  14.15 miles at 8:17 pace (1:57:12)


Legs felt pretty good. However, both knees were a tad sore during the run. Maybe it had to do with the mileage or speed. Comes with the territory I guess.

Second long run done. 14 more weeks to go.

Memorial Drive view of Boston

No comments: