Saturday, May 17, 2014

23 weeks: It's time to retire my hard efforts

I ran/raced a 5K this past weekend... and it knocked me right off my feet!! Huge eye opener that it's time to slow down and 'retire my hard efforts!" (Race recap here) This race literally had me in bed for 24 hours. Barely moved... I had nothing in me! 


How far along are you: 23 weeks, 2 days

Total weight gain:  -2 lb this week, 15 lbs total

Maternity clothes: NEED MORE!

Stretch marks: No... but I have been feeling very itchy and doing everything in my power NOT TO SCRATCH!

Sleep: This was a very rough week for me. Between 'racing' that 5K on Saturday, spending the time with the mothers for Mother's Day, then heading to Maine at 5:30 AM on Sunday to support my amazing friend Danielle at her Marathon... KNOCKED ME OUT FOR 2 full days. I even had to skip school on Monday because of it. I slept a lot! Which lead to a week of exhaustion =( 

Best moments of the week: Well, I'll switch gears a bit and say it was watching my truly inspiring friend Danielle managed a 22 min PR at her recent marathon (3:37)... in 75 degree conditions! I was able to drive by her side for most of the race and watch her determination and passion sweat out of her! It was very emotional for me... since I've been in her shoes. She wanted that BQ so bad (missed it by 2 minutes). But when you train in the cold, snow and freezing temps all winter (in Maine mind you), then THROWN A HUGE CURVEBALL with 75 degree weather... and still running a 3:37... Is even more amazing...


She doesn't know this but I was watching the clock at the finish line pass 3:35:01 and started to bawl. when I didn't see her. I knew how much she wanted this BQ. I knew that if the weather cooperated.. she would've crushed a 3:30. No question. And the thing is... she knows this too. She had the best attitude crossing the finish line... all smiles and some tears but that passion did not escape her. It's still there... and she will be back to get that BQ. I know it. She knows it.. after reading this... you will know it too. 

She is my best moment of the week... and Baby N agrees as well =)



Miss anything: Racing.... already =) This may have to hold off until 2015... 

Movements: More and more every single day =) And the best part... DADDY WAS ABLE TO FEEL HIM KICK!! Jim has been really wanting to feel him and he finally did Saturday morning! He may have squeaked with excitement... don't tell him I told you that =) 

Food cravings: Actually... I've been so good this week and didn't indulge in anything 'unhealthy'. Heck I even lost weight!! I did find a fantastic healthy broiled coconut chicken recipe that I love... and cooked 2x in the week... oh... and bacon... mmmm bacon.....




Anything making you sick:

Have you started showing yet: 
Another question that I may need to take out... because the answer is YES! However, from week 22-23... I've gotten soooooo much bigger... check it out...

Gender: It's a boy!

Mood: I woke up Saturday morning with so much energy and happiness which is why I decided to race that 5K... however... after that... I became tired and whiney... I may have snapped at Jim at one point. Poor man.

Looking forward to: Celebrating my nephews first birthday!! I can't believe he is one already =)

Husbands feelings: "The fact that you decided to run a 5K 6 days after your marathon is rather impressive. However, it was definitely the first big sign that running was going to be more difficult for you going forward."

Running: I tried to get back after it this week but it was tough. Only managed 15 miles total which is very very low for me. I did what I could and incorporated some strength training routines. Oh, and YOGA!.. holy crap people I need more yoga in my life!

Photo(s) of the week: 
 Even though I am not a mother yet... my husband still spoiled me rotten on Mother's Day!! He had to travel for work and since I was in Maine spectating at a marathon... we didn't get to spend it together. However, it didn't stop him from doing this =) All my boys spoiled me...

Card from the hubs, Baby N and the Cats lol!



No comments: