Sunday, April 27, 2014

20 Weeks: It's a.....




How far along are you: 20 weeks, 3 days

Total weight gain: 3 lbs this week, 11 lbs total

Maternity clothes: I NEED MORE CLOTHES!

Stretch marks: No

Sleep: Another tough week of sleep! I woke up at 2:45 am one morning and never went back to bed!! The excitement of the Boston Marathon and finding out the sex of our baby took over my sleeping habits. Ok, lets be honest... I really don't have good sleeping habits since I found out I was pregnant. Skipped a couple workouts because of it. Need more sleep =(

Best moments of the week: When and HOW we found out the sex of our baby!! We've been waiting for this moment for weeks and everything fell into place. More details to come on the big reveal!!

Miss anything: Other than sleep, I do miss having some cocktails. 

Movements: MAYBE? I think Baby N moved!? I felt a little gas bubble so am convinced it was some sort of movement.... or gas?

Food cravings: I had a few moments of ice cream weakness. I may have had ice cream for dinner a couple nights this past week. Don't worry... I tried making it as healthy as possible!

Anything making you sick: Shockingly.. nothing really.

Have you started showing yet: If I think I am pretty popped now... I don't even want to know what the next few weeks will bring. Yikes!

Gender: It's a .......
More details about the big reveal soon to come!
Mood: Pure happiness! This week, by far, is the best week out of this whole pregnancy. Between Jim running the Boston Marathon and finding out what we are having... no words can describe this excitement. My smile was a permanent fixture on my face the whole week. It's really amazing.  

Looking forward to: Really planning the rest of this pregnancy now that we know we are having a boy. It feels so much more really. Now.. about that nursery?

Husbands feelings: "Super crazy excited to be running down Boylston Street and find out what my life has in store for us!"

Running:  I'm in complete SHOCK how my legs cooperated for the BAA 5K. Everything clicked and they decided to really race. Now, mind you, I could've pushed harder but did hold back because I didn't think it was necessary to crush a PR. But I am happy with how it turned out. Race recap here!

The week itself was a doozy. My long run hurt a bit and the other miles were a struggle. But, all I needed was a couple days off and a few recovery runs. I feel like my pregnant self again.

Photo(s) of the week:  A sneak preview of how I revealed the sex of the baby to my husband ;-) Will write up a details blog about it soon....


No comments: