Friday, January 31, 2014

Resolution Remix *CONCLUSION*: A 28 Day New Year's Nutrition Challenge

I cannot believe 28 days went by ‘snap’ just like that. If you remember here, I embarked on this detox challenge through Inspired Wellness Solutions where each day we were provided with a daily fact and a fun challenge. It has been absolutely amazing and I did have a lot of fun! I was doing absolutely great until the final week when I got sick and shut the world off. Probably a lame excuse but I am proud that I committed to most of it. Especially the food challenges! Below is a breakdown of what I’ve learned and how I will continue to achieve each challenge.  

What I loved about this challenge was that each day we would receive an email about a topic where the nutritionist would discuss the value of the topic in detail. Then, she would give us an assignment on how to fulfill those topic. Small/attainable goals. We also had the opportunity to share our challenges with a private group on Facebook which I loved! I definitely learned a lot about the benefits of certain foods and how to keep on the detox goals. 
 
Day #1 - Making your own green smoothie
Day #2 - Cinnamon and Turmeric
Day #3 - the importance of water
Day #4 - organic food! Change out one produce item to organic
Day #5 - Meatless Monday (or any day of the week)
Found these veggie burgers and they are awesome!
Day #6 - Sugar! Sugar is actually the very first thing I look at
when reading a nutrition label.
Day #7 - Artificial flavor
Day #8 - breakfast is so important!
Day #9 - Lunch and dinner... I love to eat!
Day #10 - I also love to snack... it's a slight problem
Day #11 - the value of preparing your meals
This is all I do... every.single.week
Day #12 - Pantry cleanout. eliminate one unhealthy item
It was between this peanut butter or my GF cereal =)
Day #13 - We had to cleanout our fridge and freezer... at least
one item... I went with 3! Yes.. the wine went =(

Day #14 - a new way of grocery shopping....
Day #15 - Strawberries are pretty much an amazing super food!
Day #16 - FISH! In moderation... watch out for the mercy!
Day #17 - the benefits of Chia/flax seed
Day #18-21: Prunes, tea, probiotic foods and beets
Then... I got really sick and couldn't eat and just slept.. and coughed... a lot!


But we did discuss the following topics!

Day 22:  Hunger scale, Day 23:  Mindful bites, Day 24:  Sleep & Hunger, Day 25:  Food journal, Day 26:  Tackling ‘other’ eating: social/emotional, Day 27:  Body Image & Optimism, Day 28:  Accountability
 
Overall.. I'm really happy I did this. It was great to share the experience with other people I've never met and I did feel accountable knowing that others were doing the same thing and sharing their photos. I will definitely continue on this trend. Especially the green smoothie kick! YUM!

Now... what to do for February?
 

No comments: