Monday, August 22, 2011

Favorite Friday (Monday): Coffee!!

Oops! I was suppose to post this on Friday but did not have any time to do so.  I am over it… are you?

For those of you who really know me know that I absolutely LOVE coffee. For those of you who don’t know me very well… I absolutely LOVE coffee.



First off, I want to make it a point that I do not drink coffee for a ‘pick me up’, I don’t drink coffee because ‘I need to get through each day’ and I don’t drink coffee with sugar or any sort of creamers. No… I drink coffee because of the taste. Simple black coffee.

Half true
To me, the taste of a hot black coffee really makes my day. Do not give me anything mild or medium. Bold or extra bold is the way to go. My favorite part of each day is my morning coffee. Almost every day, I go to Starbucks and order a medium black coffee hot with a couple ice cubes in it. Weird I know… but who wants to sit around waiting for their coffee to cool off a bit? Not this guy. However, I do drink only one cup a day… maybe two on special occasions. I have contemplated on drinking decaf so I can have more than one cup but I can definitely tell the difference in taste…

My 3 favorite coffee mugs!
I have been told that I am a coffee snob (how rude) and I think it is because:

·         I prefer hot coffee from Starbucks over Dunkin Donuts
·         I prefer iced coffee from Dunkin Donuts over Starbucks
·         If I ever want a flavored coffee it has to be ice coffee
·         If I ever want to splash some color into my coffee, skim milk is the way to go
·         My favorite cup of Joe tends to come from diners

You’d think that since I am a coffee lover that I would know how to make a great cup of coffee. Confession… I am the WORST coffee maker out there. It’s true! I cannot for the life of me make coffee at home. If I did I would make it every day and not buy it. I have tried for years to master this and even bought different types of coffee thinking it was the brand… and not me. Nope.. it’s me.  I think for Christmas I am going to ask for a Keurig machine…

May have to retire this poor thing =(

1 comment:

Little Miss Runshine said...

LOVE the dunks picture!!! Dave and I are picky with our coffee too!