In just two weeks, my son is already a different person. People with children weren't kidding when they said "he is going to grow up soooo fast. watch out!!" Within one week I noticed his cheeks are filling out more, his attention span lasts a little longer, he is more alert, his eyes are getting bigger and bigger with each stare, he communicates that he needs more attention, and overall... he is developing into a young little man. SLOW DOWN KID!
However, this week was pretty fantastic. I think we got over the hump of pure exhaustion (maybe!?) and started to get into a rhythm that seemed to work perfectly for Jim and I. Not a routine (which is expected)... but more a partnered connection that allows both of us to have our own time and our own rest, while taking care of this handsome boy. Jim has been taking the lead a bit so I can shut my eyes or for when I need (and want) to do errands. He knows that when he goes back to work in a couple days (Eep!) that my time alone will be a bit limited. I love and appreciate this gesture so much.
And with my little Lincoln... he is pretty much amazing!! We both are so very lucky in so many ways. His cries do not last long since we've narrowed down 6 reasons why he would be freaking out...
- Hungry
- Wants to be swaddled
- Doesn't want to be swaddled
- When he pee'd himself (he just hates being wet)
- Is about to poo (the look of pain?)
- COLD!
I am sure that each week it will change but we are happy to at least realize what it could be. And after going through the check list ... he eventually stops whining. Good boy =)
He knows our voices already. Whenever someone is holding or changing him, I would go up right beside him, start talking, and his head will slowly turn my way and look at me. I know he can't see me clearly but he knows it's me... and it melts my heart.
Two weeks ago my baby boy joined this world. The love is unconditional and needed... both ways.
LIKES:
- MILK! Whenever he is hungry he does this head forward mouth open with excitement.. and I swear he is internally yelling MILK when he sees it
- Napping on daddy's chest
- Reading books
- Randomly squeaking in his sleep
- His pacifier
- Farting!
DISLIKES:
- Choking on his milk because he gets too excited (scares me to death!)
- Whenever he pee's he screams bloody murder
- Being woken up from a dead sleep
- The sun in his eyes
 |
| Those cheeks! |
 |
| I'm enjoying this quiet stage as much as possible |
 |
| He is starting to be more alert! |
 |
| Finally put up the custom made "Baby Boy" Wreath |
 |
First time I dressed myself from head to toe in real
clothes. Ready for our play date with new baby friends |
 |
| Loves his tummy and skin on skin time with daddy... |
 |
| ... and mommy |
 |
| Loves loves loves reading time! Always in a stare =) |
 |
| First walk with dad and mom |
 |
Lets do this kid. Just you and me...
... for the first time!! |
 |
| Gorgeous day to walk with my little guy |
 |
| and... this FACE!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment