Four more long runs until the big day. Actually, three more long runs since I am technically updating you on the latest run.
So… last Sunday did not start off great. I was planning to run with my running group early in the morning but bailed. Because… I was pretty exhausted. I slept in until 8:00 and then moved to the couch. And that my friends is where I stayed until 2:30 in the afternoon.
Yes, you read that correctly, 2:30 PM!!! I only moved out of my spot to eat and go to the bathroom. I was a bit worried that I wouldn’t get my run in but I stayed positive and kept telling myself “Just make sure you are out the door before it gets too dark”.
Surprisingly, I was up and out the door by 3:45. Before I left, I put some GU and Gatorade in my mail box so I could stop back around mile 12 to fuel up before finishing the last 3 miles. Then I was off. Energy kicked in right away and you know what, I had an amazing run. EVERYTHING felt really great. YAY! The plan said to pace at 8:15 and at times I found myself running sub 8:00. I played it very smart and slowed it down a bit after I realized my speed. I got lost in thought and really enjoyed it all. I love to run!
Then.. it started to get cold. Then.. I got the chills. Then.. my stomach started to turn. This meant.. head home NOW.
By the time I got back to the mail box (home) I was hurting pretty bad stomach wise. I had to make a decision either go back out and finish strong or run on the treadmill… just in case. Outside I went but only made it 1000m. It wasn’t pretty and I knew the rest of my run was going to suffer a bit but I had to finish. So the Treadmill I went. The TM tends to activate my hamstring issue so I was careful. I decided to cut the run just a tad short because I didn’t want to overdo it and the last thing I want is to injure myself.
Overall… another confidence booster. I am starting to really like my late afternoon runs. Am I converting?
PLAN: 15 miles at 8:15 pace
ACTUAL: 14.56 miles at 8:06 pace
No comments:
Post a Comment