I don’t know why but this entire week I have struggled to get myself out of bed for my early morning workouts. The alarm would go off, I get out of bed and then just stand there in thought on what to do. I would then go right back in bed, adjust my alarm to a later time and try to fall back asleep. I eventually do but the thought that I am not working out in the AM keeps me awake for a bit.
It isn’t that I am absolutely exhausted and cannot even open my eyes. I just didn’t have the motivation to go workout. This happened every day this week. Listen to how silly this is… Wednesday, Jim and I were suppose to go out for a 12 mile ride followed by a 5 mile run but that did not happen. We were fully dressed, tires pumped, GU’s in place, water bottles filled, breakfast in hand and was about probably 10 minutes before we were out the door…then we said eff it and got right in bed. He was unmotivated as well and we both were hoping that the other person would budge and cancel the workout. I guess I did. Ugh!
Luckily, I was able to get my workouts in during my lunch break or after work. Hopefully I am just having an off week. We all get those… right?
· The act or an instance of motivating, or providing with a reason to act in a certain way, Synonyms: motive, inspiration, inducement, cause, impetus.
· The state or condition of being motivated
· Something that motivates; inducement; incentive
No comments:
Post a Comment